NQF LEVEL 5
- Describe the basic principles of training.
- Explain the importance of questioning techniques and give examples of questions.
- Distinguish the concepts of coaching and training from each other.
- Describe alternative arrangements for coaching.
- Identify the need for coaching through discussions with the person to be coached.
- Arrange a specific time and place for the coaching session, and prepare for it.
- Communicate theory and knowledge associated with the coaching session.
- Complete the coaching session.
- Give honest feedback and encourage the learner to ask questions.
- Monitor the ongoing progress and give ongoing feedback in the workplace.
- Identify possible problems that may occur in relation to coaching.
- Develop a plan for individual coaching, taking the needs of the team into account.