Please find below crucial information that will assist you in planning for your attendance to our training programs. If you have additional questions that are not addressed here; please contact our office for a swift response.
To be able to participate in any of our programs, prospective participants should be working or represented in any of the following:
- State Government, Ministry or a Government Agency
- Local Authority or a Government Institution
- Non-Governmental Organization or a Civil Society Group
- The United Nations and its affiliated organizations
- A Development Agency involved in poverty alleviation projects
- Donor or Bilateral Agency
- Corporate Institutions
All participants should be endorsed and approved by their sectional heads to enable them to attend any of our programs.
To register for your course, we advise that you apply on-line by completing the required information in the admission form here
The specified information is vital for the administration of your Acceptance Letters/Visa and Invoice documents.
Please ensure that you enter correct country codes, and area codes for all your contacts numbers.
1. Course number and title
2. Your full name as it appears on your travel document
3. Your full contact details including all telephone and fax numbers, personal / cell number
4. Name and address of your organization
With this information we shall process your documentation to facilitate your participation in lieu of the application form.
You may also call our office directly and speak to one of our programmes administrator who will capture your details and process your enquiry straight away. You may contact the administrator on:
Tel: (+27) 12 362 4445
Cell: (+27) 79 114 9848
Sterling Afrika Training & Consultancy (SATC) is located in the upmarket Suburbs of city of Pretoria, South Africa. The centre boasts of state-of-the-art training rooms with up-to-date training facilities in an IT environment, which are the hallmarks of our services. At SATC our management team understands and ensures that training becomes a rewarding, enjoyable and memorable experience, hence we ensure that venues chosen provide a relaxing yet focused environment which allows participants to concentrate and gain the maximum benefit from their learning.
- Dubai – United Arabs Emirates
- Cape Town – South Africa
- Durban – South Africa
- Mbabane – Swaziland
- London – United Kingdom
At SATC we endeavour to provide assistance in whatever way possible to facilitate and create a conducive environment for learning. We are committed to helping participants with special needs where possible. We advise that participants communicate with our office regarding their special needs at the time of application.
1. You will need:
- A valid passport or travel document that will be valid for the length of your intended stay. Your passport should have at least one blank page in it.
- A valid visa, if required.
- Sufficient funds.
- A return or onward ticket.
- Yellow fever certificates – if your journey starts or passes through the yellow fever belt of Africa.
1. Documents required to apply for a visa
- A passport or travel document valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of your intended visit
- A completed Form BI-84 (application for a visa)
- Payment of the prescribed fee
- A yellow-fever vaccination certificate (if required)
- Statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of your visit – Letter of Acceptance from SATC and SATC VISA supporting letter
- Two colour passport photographs
- Proof of Hotel Booking (will be provided by SATC)
- See the Department of Home Affairs’ list of exemptions from South African visas
- Check the list of South African offices abroad for information on where to apply in your own country.
4. The RSA Embassy will give you the lowdown on visa costs, processing time, where to apply, what to submit, requirements for people in transit, as well as information relating to your duration and purpose of stay.
It is advised that all participating delegates purchase a travel health insurance and medical insurance coverage for pre-existing and unexpected sudden illness that requires significant financial input. Minor medical prescriptions can be purchased over the counter and covered by the participants’ own per diem allowance. Participants should therefore arrange with the sponsoring agency to ensure that the necessary insurance coverage for the duration of their stay in South Africa is budgeted for.
All our courses, both in South Africa and other international venues are priced on a non-residential basis i.e. the charge per course does not include accommodation and meals. This enables participants to choose different types of accommodation to match their needs. To assist participants in finding accommodation, we offer advice on a range of accommodation options. Upon acceptance we shall provide prospective applicants with a list of closely supervised accommodation service providers to choose from.
Most hotels and guesthouses have both single and double occupancy rooms available. The following are some ideas of the special, all-inclusive room rates extended to SATC participants:
|HOTEL RATES||US DOLLARS $||SOUTH AFRICAN RANDS ZAR|
|Single Standard Room at a 4/5 Star Hotel||$70 – $100||R805 – 1150|
|Luxury Room at a 4/5 Star Hotel||$120 – $140||R1380 – 1610|
|Single room occupancy||$30 – $55||R345 – R630|
Our programs are scheduled to commence on a Monday in the week. We urge all participants to arrive on the preceding Saturday or Sunday. Our welfare officer will be at the airport to receive participants, based on the itinerary usually communicated to us in advance. Participants are not charged for this service. All arrivals will normally be at the OR Tambo International Airport. Similarly, SATC will arrange free transport to the airport on time to facilitate participant’s departure at the end of their course.